Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Potato Soup- Best Ever!

As I'm sitting here listening to the rain dance on the roof I'm totally wishing I had some potato soup to enjoy...I always associate soup with cold, rainy weather. And yes it's raining at the end of January...it never did this at my old house but I guess the weather down here is a bit more unpredictable. So anyway I thought I could share with you my favorite potato soup recipe!

Ingredients
6 strips bacon
1 cup cubed ham
3 to 4 cups potatoes, cubed
20 oz. chicken broth
carrots, diced
1/2 cup green onion and or regular onion
1 T. parsley
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil 
3 T flour
3 cups milk
8 oz Velveeta
1 cup cheddar (or more if you want it cheesier)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions
Cook bacon; Combine potatoes, broth, carrots, onion, parsley, celery seed, oregano, basil, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until tender. Add bacon and ham. Combine milk and flour; add to soup. Add cheeses then cover and cook on low until heated through and ready to serve. 

Well there ya have it, just try it! It's super easy to just start it in the late morning and have it ready for dinner and it's so good with those breadsticks I posted about earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment