Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bread sticks!

So I thought I might share a yummy recipe that I've loved ever since my grandma made it for Sunday lunch several years ago. I aptly named it after her... Grandma's Bread Sticks

Ingredients


2 1/4 c flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c milk (cold)
1 tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c butter
garlic salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 and melt 1/3 c buter in 9x13 (or bigger if you prefer) baking dish while heating.  While butter is melting you can combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together until ball is formed. Flour a surface and roll dough out  about 1/2'' thick and then cut into long rectangles or squares (whichever you prefer). It will make about 15-20 sticks. Once butter is melted sprinkle garlic salt over it, then place each bread stick in the butter on both sides . Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are starting to turn golden brown and fluffy. You can also flip them over half way through baking but this isn't mandatory. Once done you can serve them with soup or anything you like.  Or just sprinkle some cheese on top.

So there ya go! Feel free to make these tonight...haha. I always make them with my Potato Soup. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment