Friday, April 19, 2013

I've never had pie....

I'm a very picky eater, and most people usually just tell me I'm a brat when I say that but...I really don't think that's why I'm picky. I have a huge thing about texture, so the whole pie thing I just can't do it. Mushy...warm....fruit...just no. I actually just tried a tiny little bite of chocolate pie last week. And I'm dead serious when I say that is the first and ONLY bite of pie I will ever eat. I've also never had cheesecake...I know some of you are just in shock at this moment but relax. And honestly do I really need to be eating pie and cheesecake? I dont' think so. Ok, so since I'm very picky and also tend not to try things which is where the "you're a brat" comment comes in, my husbands family has been trying to get me to try new things since I've met them. Just in the last week I've had pie (it was so little I don't think it counts) sweet iced tea, shrimp & grits...together, I had a bite of something with pepper in it, as in green peppers. And a good friend of mine almost got me to try chocolate milk haha! Anyway, I tried all those things and truly didn't like any of them. I'm not trying to be a brat here, I just don't enjoy eating it. And I don't really like milk, hence never having chocolate milk. I literally drain it off my spoon when I eat cereal lol. Ok so the pie eating and ice tea drinking happened while we had a big Southern dinner with Brett's family. Now this is kinda gross but they were going to have CHITLINS...does everyone know what those are? I'll tell you. They are the intestines of a pig...YA. They can be fried OR steamed. yummm! (total sarcasm there in case you didn't catch that). You can buy these, clean and rinse them several times before you boil them. Brett's father actually likes eating these things! I have yet to see them but I don't think I'll have that privelege much longer. I refuse to try chitlins. Absolutely refuse. Call me a brat, I don't care. Oh one other little snack his father and grandfather enjoy....steak tartare. This might not be as gross to some of you, but eating steak raw would make me throw up. Just sayin'. Oh it doesn't have to be beef either, sometimes it's raw horse meat too. I just gagged. Alright well I guess I'll stop my little tirade now.
Thanks for reading...and if you really want to try something new you have some good ideas now!           <------------ Chitlins  

No comments:

Post a Comment